Dental Implants are one of the solutions for missing teeth.
When you’re dealing with missing, broken, or severely damaged teeth, your confidence can suffer. More importantly, these issues take a toll on your health.
A dental implant is basically a titanium screw which is surgically inserted into the jawbone beneath the gum line to work as a tooth root. Post insertion, an implantologist will attach a crown on top of the implant to ensure the appearance of a natural tooth.
One can face the problem of missing teeth at any point in life. Tooth loss can be due to trauma, accident, severe gum disease, tooth decay or even due to poor oral hygiene. If left untreated missing teeth can lead to various consequences such as:
- Speech problems resulting from the gap created by one or more missing teeth
- Difficulty in chewing
- Pain in the facial muscles of the jaw resulting in an improper bite induced by the missing teeth
- Improper bite resulting from a tilt of adjacent teeth into the empty spaces caused by a missing tooth
- Dentures are removable, Implants are fixed which provide more comfort and stability
- Dentures cover a large part of our gum tissue; hence our taste and temperature sensation are lost, which is not in the case of implants.
- In case of tooth bridges, adjacent teeth are prepared to support the missing tooth which compromises their strength and structure. Implants, on the other hand, are standalone structures and do not cause harm to nearby teeth.
- Placing The Implant
- Placing Healing Abutment
- Placement Of Permanent Crown